Sunday, November 25, 2018

Please Support Me and the Climate One Team on the 2019 Climate Ride

Unsafe air in San Francisco from wildfires. Unprecedented hurricanes on the east coast. Climate is less and less stable, and even some parts of the current U.S. government are a little freaked out.

I've been working as an audio editor on the Climate One podcast / radio show for a little over two years now. When I signed up for my first Climate Ride in 2017, I wrote in this space that the working at Climate One had "re-focused my commitment to the climate cause." I also wrote about how my then 1-1/2 year old son had become a frequent biking companion. He and I continue to ride to pre-school most days of the week, and I channel some of my rage at our derelict political leadership into shaping the Climate One listening experience.

Below is a photo of the Climate One team (aka The Climat'ōnes) as we arrived in San Francisco at the end of the 2018 Northern California ride. In June 2019 we'll be heading down the Central Coast from Santa Cruz to San Luis Obispo (hopefully passing through Big Sur this time), raising money for non-profit organizations that work to keep climate from changing enough to disrupt life as we’ve more or less known it.

Now is the time to act, so please consider supporting me on this year's ride. You can make a secure online donation today by clicking on the Support Me button.

No comments: