Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Please support me on the Climate Ride

That's my son on his maiden bike ride last year. He and I ride around San Francisco a lot. In fact one the major reasons I moved here was to be able to get around by bike year-round. Biking makes me happy, it makes him happy, and it makes the planet happy.

Which is one of the reasons I'm taking part in this year's Climate Ride. Lately it feels like climate patterns we rely on are less and less reliable, and new ones are emerging that we might not have predicted. And with recent political events it seems like less than ever will be done to address this in the near future. So I'm a little freaked out.

Recently I began working as an audio editor at Climate One, a radio series and podcast from the Commonwealth Club of California that's re-focused my commitment to the climate cause. I'll be riding hundreds of miles with the Climate One team to raise money for non-profit organizations that work to keep climate from going off the rails and disrupting our ways of life – but I can't do it without YOUR HELP.

(Seriously – you can't ride without raising a minimum amount of money.)

You can make a secure online donation today by following this link. You'll automatically receive an acknowledgment and I'll be notified by email of your support (so I can be sure to let the kid know as well).

Thank you for your help!

No comments: